This tutorial on How to Draw Mountains is going to be fun and interesting for the kids and beginners who want to learn to draw mountains. Mountains are an essential part of landscapes and scenery. While drawing a landscape we must include mountains so that our picture looks more beautiful. It is the job of the artist to make the mountains look beautiful and gorgeous so that they become the eye-catcher
- How to Draw A Dragon
- How to Draw a Witch
- How to draw Flower
- How to Draw a Baby
- How to Draw Spiderman
- How to Draw Airplane
- How to Draw Male Hair
- How to Draw Waterfall
- How to Draw Anime Girl
Mountains are not only gorgeous in paintings but they are also beautiful in real life. They rise above the surface of the earth and tower over land as if it is the place where the heavens are situated. Mountains usually form a range. Mountains also have religious and spiritual importance. Many religious sites and temples are located in the mountains. There are hill stations and small cities located on various mountains but the livelihood in the mountains is quite tougher than the livelihood in the plains.
The most common mountain known to us is Mount Everest. It is the highest mountain in the world and an attraction for climbers and adventurers. It is situated in Nepal and is one of the toughest mountains to climb. Regardless of the risk, many climbers climb Mount Everest despite being involved in some kind of casualty.
This article will help in learning how to draw mountains. This is a beginner tutorial specially made for kids so that they could make their first landscape.
How to Draw Mountains
- Draw 2 pyramid shape guideline and connect them for representing the two peaks of the mountain. Draw the guideline lightly so that it is easier to erase later on.
- From the pointed part of the pyramid, draw zigzag lines all the way to the bottom of the mountain. This will represent the ridges.
- In this step, draw some ragged lines on the guideline which you previously drew in step 1. Make a few gradual points on the mountain.
- Erase the outlines to obtain the image of the mountain.
- Draw some random zigzag lines on the surface of the mountains to represent small peaks on the mountain. Draw as per your imagination.
- Give little shades to some part of the mountain and also to some peaks.
- Imagine light falling on the surface of the mountain from a certain side. Once you have done that, darken the side of the mountain with less light and give the mountain gradual shades overall. Shade the peaks to make them look brighter.
You have made your first mountain. You may shade and customize it later according to your own imagination.
Mountain Landscape Drawing for Kids – Step by Step Guide
- Draw to curved lines sloping downward and overlapping themselves in the middle.
- Draw a rough line from one slope and meet the horizon at the other slope. Make sure to make a few peaks on the way.
- In the same way, draw a few more jagged rough lines representing several mountain peaks and thus forming a range.
- Draw a few more jagged lines behind the range so as to represent distant mountains and peaks.
- Draw a few bush trees on the surface of the mountain to give it a more beautiful and realistic look. Bruce trees are the most common trees that are found in mountains.
- You can also customize the painting by drawing snowy slopes and snow on the peak of the mountains to represent a snowy area. Draw some random rocks on the ground so as to represent the rocky and rough terrain of the mountain. You have made a successful sketch of a range of mountains.
- You can now colour the painting as per your imagination. Use smoky grey colour for drawing the rocky terrains, green for the plain landscape.
- s and white for the snowy mountain tops. Colour the mountain as per your imagination and also add some finishing strokes to make the painting look beautiful.
Simple Guide to draw mountains:
For more information, you can check this website in detail. If you have any queries, please comment us using the comment section below.